As a provider of freelance translation services, having your own Weblog or “Blog” can provide you with several ways to increase your business income and there are several free blog services that provide you everything you need to get started, all you have to provide is the content. Here are some ways that you can use a blog to build your freelance translation business:
1. Expand Your Reach: Having a blog allows you to take your freelance translation business and ideas to a global market. Provide your blog in a variety of languages to reach prospective clients in their native tongue.
2. Build Customer Trust: People want to know who is behind the freelance translation business. Post your picture, your CV online along with a mission statement-what your customers can expect from your business. Provide links to articles and resources that are relevant to your readers and their needs.
3. Create Partnerships: You may need help with a freelance translation project; there may be times when you have a project that you cannot handle alone. Post a notice to attract the support you need without paying extra advertising costs.
4. Interact with Your Audience: Surveys help you find out what your freelance translation customers think of your new idea or service.
5. Media Coverage: Members of the press use blogs to find newsworthy topics. Create a blog entry that outlines a unique aspect of your freelance translation service and gain media exposure.
6. Reach Publisher: Cross-cultural communication is more important than ever, you can reach publishers who are looking for freelance translation services; show them your writing style and knowledge in your field of specialization.
7. Testimonials: As your freelance translation portfolio grows, ask your clients to post their comments about their experience using your services – this is one of the best ways for prospective clients to see first-hand how you can help them.